Monday 3 October 2011

Who am i?

5 reasons i chose to study on this programme.

  • The course seemed well structured and organised compared to other universities i had visited.
  • I wanted to choose the best course i could of a close distance to manchester where i live.
  • The facilities seemed really good and had a lot to offer, especially for our course.
  • having only 40-60 students and 3 - 5 on the course made a lot more sense in terms of tutor time as apposed to 3 tutors for 300 students.
  • Although at the time it was a hard decision i feel a course with 5 days scheduled was more beneficial than one with only 12 hours a week.

5 things i want to learn during my time on this programme.

  • I would like to broaden my knowledge on type, this is and area that has become increasingly interesting to me over the last 12 months.
  • Colour is also an area i would like to explore in order to give my design more function.
  • I still hope to use the laser cutter before the end of second year
  • I would like to introduce some different techniques into my printed work, i.e. embossing, foiling
  • To learn to communicate with a range of graphic design studios to establish some connections for the future.
5 Skills that i think are my strengths.

  • I believe i have developed my software skills a lot in the last 12 months, in both Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
  • I feel my idea generation has come along way, although the summer has slowed me down slightly i should be able to pick it up.
  • In group tasks i feel i work well as a team leader, in terms of getting things done and making decisions.
5 Things i want to improve.

  • My hand drawn skills, i don't feel i spend enough time developing my drawing skills, thankfully we have a few tasks to help with that over the next week.
  • I need to improve my vocabulary skills, especially with annotating work as i sometime find it difficult to find the right words.
  • I would like to improve my printer vocabulary, by the end of the year i would like to be able to have a discussion with a printer with no problems.
  • Time management, this is an ongoing improvement, i hope to master my time management by the end of second year.
Identify and explain 5 ways that you will evaluate your progress.

  • Using my blog to document and evaluate my progress 
  • Getting feedback from my peers in class 
  • I hope to try and put my work up on websites such as Behance to receive feedback from others.
5 questions i want to know the answer too.

  • What is the average graphic design salary

No comments:

Post a Comment